There are multiple reasons why teeth get tarnished. Knowing them will help you keep your chompers white and foil the need for whitening. Please deliberate on the following if you are anxious about having whiter chompers:
– Enamel naturally thins with age or with excessive brushing, leaving the yellow dentin layer to show through.
– Certain highly pigmented foods such as strawberries and blueberries can darken the look of your chompers, so make sure you brush your pearly whites after eating such foods.
– Tobacco can change your pearly whites to shades of brown and yellow, so deliberate on cutting back on tobacco if you are a user.
– There are meds which have been shown to include the effect of darkening the teeth; let us know if you are taking medications during your checkup.
– Drinks such as red wine and coffee contain color-modifying compounds which darken chompers, so don’t drink excessive amounts of them.
– If you suffered an oral injury, the dentin layer of your pearly whites may be compensating by spreading superfluous dentin.
If you are still concerned about having whiter pearly whites, our staff at Merrill Dental in West Chester, Ohio, can help. Please tell us about it at 513-779-7711 now to schedule a visit where Dr. Daniel Merrill can assess your dental health and review your teeth whitening options with you.